Roundup of the Week: Part 1

Sunday, May 29, 2011


The weather is getting warmer, though at night breezes still raise the gooseflesh on bare arms. I first heard this song on a summer night, when I was lonely and depressed but did not regret having taken the leap to being single for what was perhaps the first time in my adult life. I'm not single anymore, which I regard as a bit of a mixed blessing, but weather like this still reminds me of that feeling, and of this song.


Teresa Teng was such a lovely lady, in the truest sense of the word. It was a shame she died so young.



This rabbit feeds Chuck Norris clover. In fact, I bet it not only pumps, but eats pure iron on a daily basis.

A Deceit of Lapwings

All happy people are more or less dissimilar; all unhappy people are more or less alike.